The current shift in marketing
Are you adapting to it ?
Advertising is only traffic
51% of smart phone owners buy something other than what they originally searched for. (Google, 2017)
TAKEAWAY: advertising is just a call to research the category your product is in. Your ad spend may be boosting the revenue of your competitors as people find them and not you.
Money now follows trust
83% of consumers do not trust advertising (Rakuten Marketing, 2018). SalesForce discovered that as much as 79% of B2B and B2C customers expect you to know what they like (2018).
TAKEAWAY: if you are only advertising and not communicating with your customer base, you are likely giving away sales to competitors.
Purchase decisions are made online
As much as 50% of all purchases online and offline are influenced by influencers. (McKinsey, 2018)
TAKEAWAY: consumers do not trust ads. They will find trust wherever they can before buying. Whoever wins trust wins revenue.
Customer Journey Evolution
AISASTM - The Internet Model
2005 - Dentsu Inc.
The Internet became a legitimate ad channel in the late 90s and early 2000s. In 2005, Dentsu Inc introduced AISAS™ as the new model. Added to Attention and Interest were search, action, and share.
Given search is the domain of the search engines, this also marked the end of the agency as revenue partner, and the start of agency as traffic partner. Consulting firms entered advertising with an offering to convert traffic to revenue.
AIDMA - The Advertising Model
1920 - Samuel Roland Hall
In 1920, Samuel Hall dropped an “M” (Memory) into the AIDA model, igniting the birth of “creative” advertising, as people needed a hook or gimmick to trigger memory after the gap of time between exposure to an ad and their eventual visit to the store to purchase.
The Advertising Model stayed relevant for 85 years, seeing the rise of television, proliferation of channels, and ultimately, the Internet.
AIDA - In-person Sales
1898 - E. St. Elmo Lewis
Over a century ago, this model guided in-person salespeople as they attempted to make a sale on the spot after knocking on a door. Attention, interest, desire, action. The sales person could read and address any fears, uncertainty, and doubt on the spot.
Bringing back revenue-focused marketing
The manzanita data model (2014)
Attention and Interest used to be an attention grabbing idea. Today, typical city dwellers see between 3000 and 5000 ads per day. The message needs to be relevant to who consumers are—highly relevant to the person and the timing. The new breed of Attention and Interest.
When consumers see ads and their interest is captured long enough for them to take the next action, they will research, looking to see if they can actually TRUST what the communication is saying. Who else is using? How much does it cost? And many other questions.
Action can be purchase, it can also be a micro-conversion like sign-up or other form of engagement. After purchase, B2B and B2C customers both expect marketers to know their preferences and tastes. Communication must be tailored to create repeaters.
Some will not adapt in time
- They will keep advertising "the same old way".
- They will “category advertise”, which is advertising to the benefit of all competitors in the category.
- Revenue flows to companies that are adapting quickly to the new way of data-driven, psychology-based marketing.
Those who adapt will win. Big.
- Tested, proven methodology based on data science and psychology
- Increased market share.
- Leveraging trust of consumers.
- Convert traffic that comes from Category Advertisers.
- Measure success only by revenue.
Advertising a single message at everyone is 20th Century.
The ideal solution to adapt to the new marketing landscape:
- Communication that is engineered with emotional trigger language for each audience segment
- Based on psychology and data science
- Inherently trustworthy
- Resonates with every audience segment, moving them to action.
- Measured by client revenue, not vanity metrics.
- We analyze your data with proprietary algorithms to expertly cluster your audiences.
- Once the clusters are revealed, we generate a creative framework that moves these audiences.
- We execute the resulting communication where trust exists
- We constantly test to make sure the audiences are converting.
Marketing that will
increase your revenue
- kpi driven
- Proven methodology
- Relentless testing and verification
- Full transparency